Sunday, April 26, 2009

An Inspiring Moment shared (AIMs) with Team 1 - Usha Sridhar

An Inspiring Moment shared (AIMs) with Team 1 - Usha Sridhar

Motto(s): Right from my younger age, I have always believed that our purpose in life is not just looking for happiness but something beyond that. The below mentioned saying was told to me by my Father when I was about 7 years of age and has since then stuck in my mind like a Psalm from the Bible or a verse from the Gita.

“I cannot believe that the purpose of life is just to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, and to be compassionate. It is, above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all....”

My Father has been a guiding force for me in my life and it was he who has taught me to approach/face life with compassion, courage and integrity. It is these qualities that have taken me this far in my life.

I sincerely believe that in order to be at peace with one self, we should treat people we come across with respect and compassion.

I also strongly believe in empowering my staff and believing in their abilities and capabilities.

I am able to understand and accept people for what they are and treat them with compassion and respect.

Sridhar’s, i.e. Usha Sridhar and Dr. Sridhar lived and worked in the UAE for about 16 years and recently shifted back there base to Chennai, from where they belong. She works now as the Administration Head of the IT Division of UAE Exchange in Chennai. Dr. Sridhar works as Consultant Diabetologist and Endocrinologist for MIOT hospitals in Chennai.

No comments: