Thursday, February 11, 2010

No News edition 21 - A journey from No to Yes

No News edition 21 - A journey from No to Yes



Dear Friends,


Welcome to read the 21st issue of No News.


It has been a long break since I touched the No News magazine. Although, I have been coming out to you through various other forms, this is one special section of my creativity which I cherish doing. It is similar to asking anyone interested in cricket about the beauty and enjoyment of playing and following a Test match. This gives me sufficiently large space to promote what I am promoting all the time in a detailed way than what I do every day. Of course, it all comes to certain small and mundane things of creativity, safety, social values or “whatever”, as someone could leisurely write and read off.


Inspire: No matter if the world stand still, continue with what I am doing. This is what I am trying to do these days. I do it from within, for my own enjoyment. As you see it, I do not do what I don’t enjoy and here is another edition of No News detailing those simple efforts in my own way.


I always believe that an individual’s life must benefit society. There should be some social purpose along with personal. Otherwise, according to me it remains meaningless. We are all in some way or another, blessed with worldly fortunes of different kind. Do not remain contended at that point.


During my journey carrying the Team 1 and Talent Share banners, I have faced several obstacles. However, I did not deter. What inspired me were some simple steps of encouragement or support from those whom I interact with. Like, the words of one of my friend, who calls me at the middle of the night and tells me, Ramesh, there is a problem with the check-in system at the airport. I have identified corrective solutions for it, and have taken pictures of the present conditions. Please help me to submit it to the right authorities, so that the conditions could be improved in future. Or my friend, who write to me with photos saying that in his area, there are no playgrounds for children. But there is an open space which could be converted to a small playground. How do we go about it? Or another one more interesting an sms from a friend – “I just remembered you when I’m sitting in the most “annoying” place where we feel ashamed to be an Indian – The Indian Consulate Dubai -. (those who have gone there will agree with him)…. These are inspiring gestures that shows that they silently acknowledge to a few of the constructive social efforts I have been diligently carrying out for the last few years. There are some others too, like my son, who takes away the small note pad and pencil I keep handy in my car, when he notices a traffic arrogance happening in front of our car, to note down the time, place and car details. Because for sure he knows, I would have already memorised even the smaller details of it for reporting. There are pros and cons to it, and I do always look from all the angles before coming out with an action, which I initiate to the well being for a larger group, whoever it may be.


Many times, small action leads to bigger joyous happening. One such event that is happening around is the Team 1 Talent Share birthday celebrations. A suggestion by one of the participating member taken in the right spirit by all members is bringing joy to several young members and their families. To the extent, it made me happy when I listened to a friend who told me a conversation that happened at his home the other day. He told me, “my son is very happy nowadays. Because all these years his birthday used to fall on school holidays, and now yesterday, when I came from office, he was excited to tell me – Dad, this year I am going to celebrate my birthday in a big way with my friends at Talent Share.” His words conveyed the sense of oneness prevailing there and a feeling of assurance that his share of small joy will be taken care in a bigger way by all the members of Talent Share. It is a kind of confidence built over the period of this selfless journey.


Yes, the journey began in a small and singular way is gaining momentum and reaching bigger and wider regions and masses. Many of the individual talent that remained within four walls are now common names. We all know their style, character and attitude and orientations. This is a sustained process and you will agree that it is not possible to reach this far without dedication. Creativity and that too at this pace does require a sense of devotion and that is what is exhibited regularly.


When I encourage and nurture these young ones, I do remember clearly my own childhood, the limitations, the good and bad, the limited opportunities and guidance pool available. I remember and remind myself very well – the journey of a little boy, who fumbled and responded in feeble voice those days when the cane weaving, cigarette smelling hands of his class teacher passes by. I do remember all the time, the little boy, who loved to listen to stories at night, sucking one thumb and playing ganchira with the other hand. Those are the rejuvenating thoughts for my never-ending spirit to nurture these young ones, each one of whom I cherish and carry along.


Create an attitude at heart with intentions of welfare and selflessness added to it. This is the prime thought when there is some action happening from my side. In our epics, stories indicate how man’s mind reacts to others’ happiness and sorrows. Instead of feeling jealous about others’ prosperity one should feel happy and join him in his success. Similarly, one should show concern when encountering others in distress and try to give them solace. While noticing someone drowning in a river one rushes to save him spontaneously without deliberating whether he is one’s friend or enemy. Likewise our heart must automatically sympathise with the distressed. Good fortune and happiness in this life is due to God’s grace and meant for sharing with others not for one’s edification only. Broadmindedness, concern for others and selflessness are virtues which should be inculcated in children from an early age. Man’s intellect has its limitations and he cannot know everything on his own or learn only from his experience. So, it is always good to look at elders or experienced for guidance and inspirations to mould one’s life to a suitable format. One should not have reservation about learning from others and in the realm of learning, age should not be a deterrent. History has shown several examples of elderly person seeking knowledge from young and mastering important values and virtues in the process.


Utilise your talent or knowledge without inhibition and if you have a good or bad experience, taking cue from this note, do take a few minutes of your time to share it either at Team 1 blogs or Talent Share Fan page. I look forward to your comments and feedbacks. I am presenting to you in this edition a short synopsis of what happened at Team 1 blogs and Talent Share Fan page recently.


God bless you all and have a great journey ahead.

Ramesh Menon
10 Feb 2010

team1dubai@gmail.com













To read the old issues of No News, please click here
or email me at team1dubai@gmail.com
or become a member of Team 1 Talent Share google group http://groups.google.com/group/team-1-talent-share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for "the read". Do you write Short Stories?
Your sketches show great talent. I very much enjoy the work of young artists you have displayed.